Dr. Peter TallerSolicitor (England & Wales), Rechtsanwalt (D), Ügyvéd (H)
Peter specialises in cross-border transaction disputes and international arbitrations. He is also in charge of cases which require a special set of legal knowledge and language skills in Hungarian, Russian and Spanish.
Peter graduated in Hungary at the University of Budapest (formally known as Royal Hungarian University); the oldest university in the country which is still preserved to date. As part of his higher education, Peter also studied law at the University of Valencia, Pushkin State University and Herzen University.
Peter has been a valuable member of our team for many years. Alongside his legal practice at our firm, Peter also worked as a PhD researcher for the Department of International Law at the University of Passau, Germany. His research is focused on the ownership rights of offshore oil and gas reserves of the Caspian Sea after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- PhD research, research project: International Law and the Caspian Sea, University of Passau, German
- Master of Laws and doctor iuris (cum laude), University of Budapest, Hungary
- Honours in International Law (matrícula de honor), University of Valencia, Spain
- Scholarship, Pushkin State University with the cooperation of the Commercial Chamber of the Russian Federation
- Scholarship, Herzen University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Law Society of England and Wales (admitted as solicitor)
- Nuremberg Bar Association, Germany (admitted as Rechtsanwalt, German attorney)
- Budapest Bar Association (admitted as ügyvéd, Hungarian attorney)
Peter is a passionate traveller and often visits places which are not listed amongst tourist destinations. If there is a sea or ocean nearby, Peter would be busy discovering the underworld through scuba diving.